Lotus Holidays - Terms & Conditions
A deposit of $1500.00 CA. per person is required at the time of booking. Final payment is due not later than 60 days prior to departure
If Cancellation is necessary, please advise your travel agent in writing. In the case of all holidays other than those which include special class of air fares and/or charters flights the following cancellation charges will apply. $1500.00 CA is non-refundable if cancellation is more than 60 days before departure. From 30 to 60 days of departure 50% is nonrefundable. Within 30 days of departure the total amount is non-refundable
All rates are in Canadian dollars, and are based on double occupancy at the rate of exchange at time of print. The fluctuation in the exchange rate in the last few years for the South African Rand and the Moroccan Durham has been great, the exchange rate will be considered at time of booking and that may result in an increase or a decrease in the sell rate. All rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Passport & Visas:
Most passengers visiting Egypt require a valid Canadian passport for at least six months and a visa. If you are the holder of passport other than Canadian it is your responsibility to contact the relevant Embassy of the country you are traveling to.
Passengers who have had their passport stamped in Israel will not be allowed entry to Syria or Lebanon.
Disclaimer Of Responsibility:
(1) 712863 Ontario Inc. operating as Lotus Holidays, its affiliates and related persons act only as ticketing agents for hotels, airlines, bus companies, railroads, Cruise ship lines and those providing accommodations, transportation, meals, tours, sightseeing, or other pertinent services. All coupons, vouchers, exchange orders, receipts, contracts and tickets issued by Lotus Holidays are issued subject to all tariffs, terms and conditions under which the services are provided, by such hotels, airlines, bus companies, railroads, steamship lines and others. By the accepting of such coupons, vouchers, exchange orders, receipts, contracts and tickets, each tour member agrees to the foregoing and also agrees that Lotus Holidays, shall not be liable or responsible for any loss, injury, or damage to personal property or otherwise in connection with any transportation, accommodation, meals, tours, sightseeing, or other services referred to herein, or resulting from the negligence or default of any person, firm, corporation or other entity supplying the same. Furthermore, each tour member, for himself, his heirs and assigns, that if such tour member, his heirs and assigns, should commence litigation against Lotus Holidays which litigation does not result in the entry of judgement against Lotus Holidays then such tour member, heirs and assigns, shall indemnify and hold Lotus Holidays harmless against all costs and expenses of litigation including all their attorney’s fees.
Lotus Holidays or its operator has no responsibility for losses or additional expenses incurred due to delay or changes in air, and or other services, sickness, weather, strikes, war declared or undeclared, quarantine or other causes. All such losses shall be borne by the passenger(s). Any refund shall not exceed the amount paid by the passenger for land tour services only, excluding any airfares. Baggage is at owner’s risk at all times. Any transport or conveyance companies mentioned or provided shall have no responsibility or liability during the time passengers are not on board the particular transport or conveyance. Each ticket or coupon issued as to the tour and the passage contact in use by the transport or conveyance companies mentioned or provided, when issued, constitutes the sole contract between them and the purchasers of these tours and or the passenger. Any IATA carrier may be used in conjunction with Lotus Holidays programs.
(2) It is understood that Lotus Holidays maintains no control over equipment, facilities, operations or employees of the travel suppliers and thus, cannot offer any guarantee or warranty with respect to the travel service to be provided. Lotus Holidays therefore shall assume no responsibility for any or any other person not under the direct control of Lotus Holidays. The customers agree that Lotus Holidays shall not be financially responsible for the effects of such acts or omission, and that any gratuitous efforts made by Lotus Holidays in mitigation shall be made without obligation and without any admission of liability.
The Government of Ontario requires residents of Ontario travelling outside of the province to be advised that there may be different living standards and conditions with respect to the provision of utilities, services and accommodations outside of Ontario.
The sequence of sightseeing and itineraries is subject to change without notice. Hotels and cruise ships mentioned in the brochure or in the travel voucher are also subject to change without notice and similar category accommodation will be substituted.
Passengers will be grouped on transfers and sightseeing in private cars or buses. The sightseeing tours are conducted in language of choice (French or English). The times allocated for sightseeing are approximate and are left to the discretion of the guides. The entrance fees included in the sightseeing are those of the main gate. Any sub-entrance fees to certain rooms or tombs, for example to the Mummy Room at the Cairo Museum or the Tut Ankh Amon Tomb in the Valley of the Kings are not included in the sightseeing and could be paid locally. Please note that sightseeing is affected by many factors including weather, opening and closing times of the sites and travel time and traffic etc. In the unlikely event that the site might be closed a suitable visit to a different site may be substituted. It is customary for the guide to end the day of sightseeing by visiting a commercial perfume shop, papyrus institute or carpet factory. Sailing the Nile on a cruise is a marvelous experience but can be affected by many factors, water level, waiting time at the Esna lock, and the number of boats sailing the Nile. The Esna Lock closes at certain times of year for maintenance. On these sailing dates most cruises will sail from Aswan to Esna (the major part of the sailing time) the Luxor sightseeing will operated by buses from Esna.
Tours Do Not Include The Following:
- Tourist visas for all countries.
- All meals not specified
- Soft drinks, alcoholic beverages or bottled water with meals
- Items of a personal nature, i.e. laundry, room service, telephone calls, etc.
- Tips and gratuities to drivers, guides, porters, waiters, etc.
712863 Ontario Inc. O/A Lotus Holidays
2942 Finch Ave East, Suite 118
Canada, M1W 2T4 Ontario Reg. 2662948
For Travel Agency Call (416) 751 - 7025
It is understood that by making a booking that you would have read and accepted these terms and conditions.